Prevention is undoubtedly better than cure when it comes to your dental health. If that’s not possible, even an early diagnosis can go a long way in saving your natural teeth.
To maintain your dental health, you should visit a dentist at least twice a year.
At Del Rey Dental in Dallas, Texas, Dr. Tadros offers complete dental checkups and cleanings for patients of all ages in a friendly and welcoming environment.
A dental checkup is a routine examination during which Dr. Tadros assesses your entire mouth for any irregularities to determine whether you require further treatment for any existing oral health issues. The assessment includes checking your teeth for cavities, as well as identifying any signs of gum disease.
Dr. Tadros will visually examine your gums and teeth and use X-rays and other tools to make a diagnosis and plan the required course of action.
Regular dental checkups are ideal for identifying early signs of:
- infections in the tooth root
- cavities under your dental fillings and crowns
- irregularities relating to your jaw structure
Routine dental checkups also include oral cancer screenings to identify symptoms and start the treatment as early as possible.
Brushing and flossing at home are not always enough to keep your teeth clean. Regular dental cleanings (at least twice a year) can help keep serious dental issues at bay and maintain your dental health.
During a dental cleaning procedure, Dr. Tadros uses special tools to clean and floss the teeth and remove plaque and tartar buildup from hard-to-reach areas.
After your teeth are thoroughly cleaned, Dr. Tadros will use a special gel to remove surface and deeper stains.
Benefits of Dental Checkups and Cleanings
- Routine dental checkups and cleanings can save you time and money in the long run.
- A few of the health advantages of dental checkups and cleanings include:
- Diagnosing and treating minor health issues such as cavities and decay in the initial stages before they progress to more severe problems.
- Preventing issues like bad breath, the spread of bacteria, and the development of decay or cavities.
- Removing surface stains caused by coffee, red wine, etc., and deeper stains caused by age or external factors.
- Diagnosing teeth alignment and bite issues in time and taking action to correct them.
If it’s been too long since your last dental checkup, don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment with Dr. Andrew Tadros at Del Rey Dental in Dallas, Texas. To contact us, call (469) 917-7444 or visit us at 11525 Jupiter Rd #103, Dallas, TX 75218.