Dental implant placement is an oral treatment that replaces a damaged or missing tooth. The implant itself is a titanium fixture that is inserted into the jawbone to replace the root of the tooth. A dental implant aids in restoring functionality to the tooth and reinstates the aesthetic appearance of the patient. At Del Rey Dental, the patients receive dental implant treatment from the efficient dentists of Dallas, TX.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- The prosthetics supported by dental implants look like natural teeth.
- The treatment provides structure to the face.
- It is a treatment that restores the bite force of the patient.
- The process helps to correct speech impairments.
- Dental implants help to prevent loss of bone.
Who Would Need Dental Implants?
Patients who have missing teeth would need dental implants. The treatment is for patients who cannot get a dental crown or denture to replace the missing teeth. The patient should have healthy gums that can hold the implant in its place. The patient must also have good bone health to aid the proper placement of the implant.
The Procedure of Dental Implants
- Evaluation: The dentist performs a complete dental checkup for the patient to analyze their oral health. A treatment plan for the dental implant is then made during the evaluation process. If the patient has a damaged tooth, it would have to undergo dental extraction before the process. The area in treatment has to heal before the implant surgery.
- Placing the implant:The dentist administers anesthesia to the patient before the treatment begins, which helps to avoid discomfort during the treatment. A small incision is then made in the jaw and the titanium post is placed into the jawbone using a special drill. A period of 12 weeks is necessary for the implant to bond to the jawbone.
- Placing the abutment: An abutment is placed on the implant which holds the artificial tooth. It also helps to conceal the implant in the jawbone. After the placement of the abutment, the gums require good healing.
- Placing the prosthetic tooth: An artificial tooth is then placed on the top of the abutment, which provides a complete functional tooth. It can be a dental crown or a denture, depending on the requirement of the patient.
Del Rey Dental, located in Dallas, TX, is an equipped dentistry that provides dental treatments to patients, Call 469.917.7444 and book an appointment at the dentist for a complete dental checkup for you and your family.