Porcelain veneers are wafer-thin custom-made porcelain shells that conceal the deformities on the teeth. They cover chipped, cracked, and discolored teeth, enhancing the aesthetic appearance of the person. Veneers are made of porcelain, a medical-grade material that offers the best quality for their fabrication. At Del Rey Dental, the dentists attend to the patient's requirements and provide the best quality porcelain veneers.
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
- Porcelain veneers enhance the confidence of the patient regarding their appearance.
- Placing veneers is a minimally invasive procedure that does not cause extreme discomfort.
- Porcelain veneers are a quick cosmetic fix that hides the gaps between the teeth.
- It is a durable option that lasts longer when proper dental hygiene is observed.
- The surface of the tooth is protected when the patient wears a porcelain veneer.
The Procedure of Placing Porcelain Veneers
Multiple appointments are required at the dentistry for the entire procedure of placing porcelain veneers. The major stages of the treatment are:
- Diagnosis:The first appointment at the dentistry is when the dentist evaluates the patient's dental health, analyzes the condition, and prepares a treatment plan for the patient. The dentist uses a digital imaging system to take the X-rays of the mouth, which provides the impression of the teeth.
- Preparation: The dentists reshape the tooth's surface, which is required to fit the porcelain veneer properly. The dentist and the patient decide the thickness of the veneer. The model of the porcelain veneer is made which is sent to the laboratory for fabrication.
- Bonding: The fabricated porcelain veneer is then placed on the teeth to check if it fits well. Adjustments, if any, are made before bonding the veneer to the teeth using dental cement. The teeth are cleaned, polished and etched, after which the porcelain veneer is bonded to the teeth. The dentists use a special beam light on the veneer, which helps to harden the cement. The dentists check for any final adjustments like removing the excess cement from the teeth to provide the final result of the treatment.
Del Rey Dental, located in Dallas, TX, is a well-equipped dentistry that uses modern technologies to provide dental treatments. Call 469.917.7444 and book an appointment with the dentistry for more information regarding porcelain veneers and other dental treatments.